Would you believe it has almost been ten years since the world was rocked by the storm of Tiger Woods’ marriage story? And when we say ‘storm’, we’re only exaggerating it a little bit, because indeed it was quite a stressful situation for former Mrs Woods to find out about everything that was going on behind her back. Naturally, the shocking news led to their divorce, which was finalized in 2010.
Trying as hard as she could to protect her privacy, Elin dropped out of the public view entirely after the scandal finally wrapped up, and even the nosiest yellow press papers seemed unable to find any ‘scoops’ on her. So, you’re not alone if you’ve wondered from time to time where the former Mrs. Woods is now and how she’s been faring since the divorce. Luckily for you, we are here to finally satisfy your curiosity. Read on to find out what Elin Nordegren, one of the most intelligent and attractive women of our time, did with herself after the dust of her divorce settled, and of course, you’ll get to see what she looks like today.
Elin Nordegren’s Pre-Tiger Woods Days
Elin Maria Pernilla Nordegren, born on January 1, 1980, hails from Stockholm, Sweden. Her mother, Barbro Holmberg, is a politician; while her father, Thomas Nordegren, is a radio journalist. Both of them are influential public figures in their country. Elin has two siblings: an older brother named Axel and a twin sister named Josefin.
Though their parents were ‘minor celebrities’, Elin and Josefin weren’t spoiled at all. Instead, they learned to earn their keep. The twins worked regular jobs, such as being supermarket cashiers, in order to pay for their education. This hard work paid off for Elin in many ways, eventually giving her the discipline needed to graduate with honors from Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida, four years after her divorce from Tiger. But we’re getting ahead of ourselves.
Her Big Break: Cover Girl
This girl is truly the epitome of beauty and brains, and even when she was a youngster, she displayed an impressive balance of both traits. Way before her graduation, and even before Tiger Woods entered her life, Nordegren was already making a name for herself in the world of modeling, and we all understand that beauty by itself is not enough to be successful in this career. It also requires intelligence and a great deal of determination and strength of character.
She did her first photo-shoot back in 2000. It didn’t take long before she was chosen as the cover girl of the Swedish men’s magazine, Cafe Sport. This would cement her career and reputation as a model in her native country, but this wasn’t what would make her famous globally. That moment would take a few more years.
In 2001, Nordegren worked in a clothing store in Stockholm called Champagne. This was where she came across Mia Parnevik, the wife of renowned Swedish golfer Jesper Parnevik. Parnevik invited Nordegren to work for the family as their kids’ nanny. Little did she know this would set her on a life-changing path.
Accepting the job meant having to move to the United States. Curious as to what awaited her in the US, Elin packed her bags, said goodbye to her family, and flew with the Parneviks to the Land of Liberty. Upon arriving, it didn’t take long for Elin to make waves.
Her Intelligence And Beauty Did Not Go Unnoticed
While some people feel uncomfortable being the new girl, Elin Nordegren isn’t “some people,” and she didn’t have a single moment of awkwardness. The Parneviks introduced the Swedish lady to the world of sports, and it welcomed her with arms wide open, pushing her ever closer to worldwide fame and stardom.
Several single golfers took interest in the stunning girl, and can you blame them? Just take a look at this photo and tell us she isn’t drop-dead gorgeous! It’s really not surprising that so many men pined for her. And yet her path would lead her to the most successful golfer of the modern era.
Tiger Woods Was No Exception
Just like the many golfers who were mesmerized by Nordegren’s personality and beauty, so too was Tiger Woods. However, Nordegren was already dating someone else when she met Woods. Naturally, when the handsome golfer asked her out on a date, she did the right thing and declined the multi-award-winning champion’s advances.
That did not stop Tiger Woods, though. It seemed like the renowned golfer was really smitten by Elin Nordegren’s beauty and brains, so he refused to take no for an answer. He kept asking her out for more than a year, and eventually, his persistence and perseverance paid off – big time.
The Two Started Dating
Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren first met nearly two decades ago, way back in 2001. The two were introduced by the Parneviks at the British Open. Since that moment, they were set on a path that would make both names known worldwide – in both good and bad ways.
In hindsight, Mia Parnevik felt quite guilty for having introduced Nordegren to Tiger Woods. In her defense, however, she and her husband had no idea about Tiger’s proclivity for having affairs. In fact, it seemed like no-one even had the slightest suspicion. This is why fans and friends alike were so shocked when the news broke.
The couple went out for three years, going on multiple whirlwind dates that some would consider to be straight out of a fairy tale. In 2003, Tiger Woods asked for Elin Nordegren’s hand in marriage at a prestigious and luxurious holiday destination in South Africa called Shamwari Game Reserve.
Elin Nordegren was understandably over the moon! In her mind, she was finally going to see what “happily ever after” looked like. Her future seemed as bright as a fairy tale. Little did she (and everyone else) know that a monumental heartbreak and global scandal were looming.
The Million-Dollar Nuptials
On October 19, 2004, Nordegren had the wedding of her dreams. The couple said their vows in a luxurious resort in Barbados called the Sandy Lane Complex. It was a textbook luxurious wedding that almost every bride would jump at.
Woods rented out the entire place for seven days. With 110 rooms and three golf courses, their bill totaled almost $2 million. He spared no expense, and why would he? As one of the most successful golfers in history, the amount seemed trivial in comparison to all of his winnings and endorsement deals.
The Supportive Wife
Elin Nordegren was right behind Tiger Woods as the golf legend famously took home the 2005 Masters. As the ever-popular saying goes, behind every successful man is a powerful woman. In this case, the success was great and there certainly was a strong woman behind the man.
Tiger Woods told reporters back then that he and Elin were solid and that they handled any issues that came their way with the same professionalism they’d take to their work. At this point, it seemed like the marriage was rock solid and Elin Nordegren was on top of the world.
Their First Child
Three years into their seemingly perfect dream-come-true marriage, the happy couple announced the birth of a healthy baby girl – little Sam Alexis. Interestingly, dear Sam was born a day after Woods finished second in the US Open. It seemed like the stars were aligning to give the happy couple a wonderful future.
With so many good things coming into their lives all at once, it was a wonderful time for the Woods household. The marriage seemed rock solid, the plans for a happy family were in motion, and the Woods’ life stories were full steam ahead. And at every turn, the world was watching this high-profile couple with adoring eyes.
Enter Kid Number Two
Two years after the birth of their first child, the Woods family welcomed another baby – a boy this time. Little Charlie Axel was born on September 2, 2008. Elin was living the dream that many young girls imagine for their future. And the media never seemed to tire of sharing stories about her happy family.
While all the pieces seemed to be falling into place, the Woods family was about to go through some major bumps in the road. The problems started with Tiger Woods getting involved in a life-threatening accident.
The Infamous Car Crash
On Thanksgiving of 2009, Tiger Woods was involved in a serious car accident that destroyed his vehicle but could have turned out much worse. He was in and out of consciousness due to the mix of sleeping pills and painkillers he had taken earlier in the day. He finally lost consciousness and was rushed to the hospital.
Apparently, the car accident took place right after Nordegren found out about Woods’ series of affairs. It’s likely that having his infidelity revealed to his wife was what caused Woods to snap and take the medication that made him crash his car and nearly lose his life.
Following the incident, news of Woods’ infidelity went public. A waitress outed him for the three-year-long affair he’d had with her. And it didn’t take long for the media to go into a frenzy, sending shockwaves through the Woods family and around the world.
Woods admitted to this affair (and various others) and announced that he would be taking an indefinite break from his golf career to focus on fixing his marriage. Public perception of this decision was mixed, with some expressing support while others were doubtful and disappointed. It was a scandal that rocked the sports and entertainment industries like no other.
Working Things Out
In an effort to turn his life around and fix his broken relationship, Woods entered himself into Pine Grove Behavioral Health And Addiction Services, a facility in Mississippi that offers rehabilitation programs for sex addiction. It was the first step in what many fans saw as his redemption story.
Many people still hoped for a happy ending. However, Woods never disclosed the nature of his treatment. And while it was a commendable first step, it seems the damage was too great and the infidelity too painful. The news that came soon after was shocking, but not entirely unexpected.
Too Little, Too Late
Despite his efforts, Woods was not able to save his marriage. It was the talk of many (if not all) entertainment news programs for months following the announcement.
Tiger and Elin filed for divorce in the Bay County Circuit Court in Panama, Florida on August 23, 2010, citing irreconcilable differences. Nordegren had a secret weapon on her legal team – her twin sister, Josefin. The process was in the spotlight and the world would watch each step unfold.
A $100 Million Divorce
It wasn’t a completely sad ending for Elin Nordegren’s unconventional fairy tale story. The divorce settlement earned her a whopping $100 million, making it one of the most expensive settlements in history! It was a victory, albeit still an emotionally painful one.
Following her divorce, Nordegren settled for a life outside the limelight. She needed to get away from bad memories and the press that kept hounding her for the latest scoop. And, of course, she also needed to recover from the painful process and get her life back on track.
A Life Of Peace
For four years following the scandalous divorce, Nordegren remained silent. She declined interviews and did not make any statements about her failed marriage with the famous golfer. It is a decision many would certainly agree with, especially considering how high-profile their marriage and subsequent divorce had been.
Finally, in 2014, she broke her long silence. Elin Nordegren shared the struggles she went through during the most difficult period of her life. But, at the end of the day, what mattered most to her was her children. Everything she did was for their sake.
Nordegren also admitted that she had to get psychological help to deal with the pent up anger from her former husband’s betrayal. She was in denial for a while, unable to believe her marriage was destined for such a tragic end. Anyone in her place would most likely feel the same way.
Though she did get a boatload of money from the divorce, it could not make up for the pain Tiger’s infidelity caused her and her two children. The money certainly helped her create a bright future for her children, but it didn’t solve everything, and it can’t erase the emotional and psychological trauma she had to go through.
Continuing Her Studies
Elin Nordegren’s fairy tale took a different turn – she used the traumatic experience to improve herself, refusing to feel self-pity and instead, continuing her studies. She graduated from her psychology degree with honors in 2014. Her’s is a shining example that a princess in distress can save herself without a prince’s help.
Elin was even asked to speak during the graduation ceremony. It was an affirmation of her recovery to be able to stand tall amidst after the scandal of her marriage and to serve as a positive example to the students she was speaking to.
Facing The Pain
Despite staying mostly silent about her marriage and the infidelity of her ex-husband, Elin Nordegren finally addressed the scandal during her graduation speech from Rollins College in May 2014. Addressing the students, and the public at large, marked an important milestone in Elin’s recovery.
Elin Nordegren stood in front of her schoolmates, colleagues, and friends, and spoke about what she went through. The Swedish-native called it “the wild storm of my personal life,” and clearing things up with the crowd by saying with finality “I’m no longer married.” She also received the accolade of Outstanding Graduating Senior of the Hamilton Holt School.
A $12 Million Mansion
Using the cash she got from the divorce settlement, Nordegren bought a $12 million mansion in Florida. The house was built in the 1920s and was in dire need of renovation. So, following the advice of her architect, she had the whole structure demolished and a brand new home constructed.
However, before the demolition, she had Habitat for Humanity come over and salvage everything they could from the old house. The charitable organization managed to auction a $3.7 million fountain (complete with lions’ mouths), wine coolers, refrigerators, and other furniture. Today, Nordegren’s mansion has 11 bedrooms and 15 bathrooms. She certainly got a happy ending, just not the one she was expecting!
The Other Side
While Elin Nordegren got (and definitely deserved) the public’s sympathy, Tiger Woods withstood the pressure and criticism and got on with his life after rehab. In his 2017 memoir, Unprecedented: The Masters and Me, he shared his thoughts on his marriage and betrayal of his ex-wife, offering people a glimpse at the other side of the story.
Tiger Woods stated, “Their mother, Elin Nordegren, and I were so much in love when we married in 2004. But I betrayed her. My dishonesty and selfishness caused her intense pain. Elin and I tried to repair the damage I had done, but we couldn’t.” It was a stark revelation from the heart of the one responsible for Elin’s pain.
People might be surprised to know that, these days, Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren have not only settled their grievances but have actually managed to form a friendship. Not just friends, but “best friends” according to Woods. Considering the messy scandal and painful divorce they went through, this news came as a shock to most people.
“Having the relationship that I have now with her is fantastic,” Tiger Woods said. “We try and help each other out on all occasions. And we work through it with the kids, the parenting program. She is one of my best friends now, and it’s all because of my kids.”
Communication Is Key
Having become friends again for the sake of their kids, Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren are keeping things healthy through communication. Something that Woods says had broken down during their marriage. He lamented how things could have been if they had been able to develop stronger communication before it was too late.
He said that if he could go back in time, he would have wanted to have “a more open, honest relationship with my ex-wife. Our frustrations would have come out if we had talked about it and been open and honest with each other. Which we are now, and it’s absolutely fantastic.”
All For The Kids
Tiger Woods, in an interview with talk show host Stephen Colbert, described how he and Elin Nordegren slowly moved past all the hurt and pain to become best friends for their kids. He described how they communicate much better now, and it’s all thanks to how deeply they love their children. Things have improved immensely according to Woods.
“We have Sam and we have Charlie. And we love them so much that we are going to do whatever it takes to make that work,” Tiger Woods stated in the interview. “That’s how it happened… I’ve talked to her about so many different things and she does the same thing with me back and forth.”
Telling The Kids
Tiger even went so far as to open up and explain his infidelities to his kids (the abridged version, of course). In a Charlie Rose interview in October of 2016, Woods stated that he told the kids what he had done, describing it as “mistakes.”
“Daddy made some mistakes. I said, ‘Everybody makes mistakes, and the reason why mommy’s living in her house and daddy’s living in his house is because daddy made mistakes, and it’s OK.,” Tiger said in the interview. He thought it was important to own up to why he and their mother separated as he wants to teach his kids the importance of honesty and clear communication.
So What’s Elin Up To Now?
Elin Nordegren was recently revealed to be dating NFL player Jordan Cameron. In fact, she recently revealed she’s pregnant to the sports star. Elin has largely kept a low-profile, so not much was known about her until it this stunning revelation came out.
Her child with the model/football player (who is nine years her junior) will be her third. Sam is now 12, and Charlie is 10. Elin stands by what she said way back in 2010: “We’re looking forward in our lives and how we can help our kids the best way we possibly can. That’s the important thing.”
Who Is Jordan Cameron?
Jordan Cameron is a former Miami Dolphins football star who, at one time, seemed to have a bright athletic future ahead of him. He was picked by the Cleveland Browns in the NFL Draft in 2011 (as a fourth-round pick) and moved to Miami in 2015. However, it seems life had other plans for the young star.
American Football is a very physical sport, and it takes a toll on any player brave enough to step foot on the field. Jordan Cameron became a casualty of the tougher side of the sport. After banging his body up and receiving multiple concussions, the young star decided to retire at 28 years old.
Almost An NBA Star
While he is known for his prowess on the football field (and now as Elin Nordegren’s new squeeze), had life played out a little differently, he could have been an NBA star instead. After high school, young Jordan Cameron represented Brigham Young University in basketball.
But fate decided that Jordan Cameron would be in the NFL, putting him on a path to meet his new sweetheart, Elin Nordegren. In 2007, the future prince in Elin Nordegren’s fairytale transferred to USC and played football as one of the team’s wide receivers.
Already A Family Man
When news broke that Elin was pregnant with Cameron’s baby, fans of the Swedish celebrity were ecstatic for the soon-to-be family. But what most people don’t know is that Jordan Cameron is no stranger to being a loving father – he already has a son.
Jordan Cameron’s boy is named Tristan. He is 10 years old, and while we know that Jordan Cameron is his father, little else is known to the public. Even the mother’s identity has been kept a secret because, just like Elin Nordegren, Jordan Cameron prefers to keep his life private.
Keeping Things Under Wraps
Jordan Cameron’s private life has a very air-tight lid. No-one ever gets any scoops outside of what the former NFL star reveals to the public himself. Even his relationship with Elin Nordegren was kept under wraps until the pregnancy. Indeed, no-one knows for sure how long the two have been dating.
Some reports claim they’ve been together for two years. Others say they only dated for a year prior to the public reveal that Elin was carrying Jordan’s baby. Whatever the details are, we’re happy for the new couple and wish them the best of luck!
Picking Up The Pieces
Elin tried to be strong even though it wasn’t that easy to just simply forget everything and move on. Her divorce might have been over, but the real battle had only just begun. In order to help her in her journey towards her newfound freedom, Elin decided to start journaling. In her journal, she reflected on her new life. Her feelings when Tiger cheated on her, the fact that she was now supposed to parent her children all by herself, how she’ll face her new future alone – she wrote all her feelings down.
Did Tiger Regret What Happened?
Nobody could deny that Tiger committed a really grave mistake towards Elin. It was painfully clear how unfair and even traumatizing to Elin the whole thing was. But what people really wanted to know was whether Tiger regretted it or not. Based on a 2016 interview though, it seems like the celebrity golfer didn’t really regret his actions. In fact, when asked about his regrets in life, Woods said that his only regret in life was not finishing his degree at Stanford University. What a bummer.
On Speaking Terms
Despite everything that happened though, Elin actually maintained communication with her former husband and even met up with him every now and then, to everyone’s surprise. But Elin was quick to explain the reason why. Being the good mother that she is, Elin still wants her husband to have a good relationship with their children, even though he had treated her badly. Elin claimed that while Tiger Woods wasn’t a good husband to her, he was still a good father to their kids. Her only condition was that Woods didn’t introduce the kids to any of his girlfriends unless they get married.
Moving On From Elin
Tiger’s public image may have taken a huge blow from the entire fiasco, but that didn’t stop this ladies’ man from meeting someone new after everything that happened. Currently, his girlfriend is named Erica Herman, a 33-year-old woman who used to be the general manager at Woods’ restaurant in Florida. The two have been together since late 2017 but, as per Elin’s request, Tiger avoided showing her to his children.
Tiger’s New Lover
Surprisingly – or maybe not surprisingly – Erica wasn’t the first woman in Tiger’s life. Before getting linked to Erica in 2017, Tiger was actually linked to another woman. Her name was Kristin Smith, and the golfer met her just a few months before he met Erica. The media were understandably fascinated with the couple, especially considering Kristin’s uncanny resemblance to Elin Nordegren. However, the pair didn’t last long.
Do Old Habits Die Hard?
According to some news sources, Kristin believed that the reason why they broke up is that Tiger cheated on her. Unfortunately, the mom-of-one is unable to reveal more details, mainly due to a Non-Disclosure Agreement that the couple apparently signed during their relationship. For a lot of people, though, Tiger’s past history was enough proof of what happened. In fact, many believed that the celebrity golfer was still with Kristin when he started dating Erica in 2017, the same year that the two broke up.
Turning Over A New Leaf
To be fair, Tiger did attempt to turn over a new leaf after the whole incident. If you can remember, Tiger was rumored to have cheated on Elin with more than 100 different women during their entire 5-year-marriage. But after their divorce, Tiger himself took the initiative to check into a rehabilitation facility in order to get the help he needed to change for good.
How Tiger Met Erica
Tiger met his current girlfriend, Erica Herman, when she was still managing his restaurant in Florida. Their first public appearance was in 2017, during Tiger’s game for the President’s Cup. Ever since that day, the two have been seen in dozens of events, making their relationship quite evident to the public eye.
The Power Of Love
After this messy stage in Tiger’s life, a lot of fans noticed that the golfer did seem to start becoming a better person. Many of them credited this change to Erica. While he was still with Kristin, he was actually arrested for driving under influence, which was one of the things that strained their relationship. When Erica entered his life though, Tiger started getting into fewer controversies, even winning more championships than ever.
Starting A New Life
Although Elin explicitly stated that she didn’t want Tiger’s girlfriends to be meeting her kids, Erica seems to be an exception. The 33-year-old woman actually has a rather healthy relationship with the Woods children, Sam Alexis and Charlie Axel. They don’t have many public appearances together nor do they post a lot of photos on social media, but on the rare times they do, it’s pretty obvious they’re having a lot of fun.
Moving On From The Past
As for Elin, she decided that it was finally time to move on and leave the past behind. It definitely wasn’t easy, but the mother-of-two was determined to make it work for her kids. In order to help them successfully leave the past behind, Elin purchased a new home for the three of them on a private beach in Florida. Because she wanted to start her new life from scratch, all the existing items in the home that were still salvageable were donated to Elin’s charity of choice.
Elin’s New Home
Elin’s 6-bedroom, 8-bathroom house took up over 9,000 square feet and cost roughly $12 million in total. It’s an oceanfront property with access to a private beach. True to her words, Elin chose the location partly because it was close to Tiger’s home – this is so that her children will still be able to see their father regularly. It’s very clear that despite everything Tiger did to her, Elin still put her children’s needs above her own.
A New Project
Elin took it upon herself to stay on top of her new home’s renovations and remodeling. It was a way for her to distract herself from everything and to finally move on from the past. Through it all, she also remained the kind-hearted, generous woman that she has always been. In fact, Elin even found a way to help other people through her new project.
She surveyed all the items in the house and determined which ones would be discarded and which ones could still be saved. With all the items she collected, Elin gave her donation to Habitat For Humanity, a charity focused on providing people with decent homes. The charity held an auction using everything that Elin donated. In the end, they managed to collect thousands of dollars worth of auction money, all of which went towards the charity’s projects.
Elin’s Other Home
Elin’s lavish Florida mansion may be amazing enough, but it’s not actually her only property. In fact, she also owned another home in Florida, this time a 2-bedroom townhouse located in Juno Beach. With a market value of $1 million, this home is nowhere near as luxurious as her other home, but it’s still pretty impressive. Do you know what’s even more amazing? She managed to sell the house for $2.2 million in 2011!
A New Home For Tiger
Just like Elin, Tiger also moved into a new home. But instead of buying an already existing property, Tiger decided that he would build from scratch. The celebrity golfer himself designed and started the building project in Jupiter Island, Florida, from his new home to his practice facility. The entire project was spearheaded by Tiger Woods Design, Woods’ own golf course design company.
Tiger’s New Facility
Woods had always wanted his own practice facility, which is why this was such a big deal to him. In fact, he even personally oversaw the construction despite his busy schedule. He describes it as a short-game facility that features “four greens, six bunkers with different depths and kinds of sand, a video center, and a putting studio.” He says that the longest club he can hit is a 7-iron, provided that no wind is blowing. Also, he specially designed it so that he can hit shots right out of his second-story studio.
About The Facility
Woods’ newest practice facility is certainly a dream come true for any professional golfer. The four greens are contoured in all sorts of ways, the whole facility is outfitted with turfgrass management systems, and it can even replicate all kinds of playing conditions. Woods definitely made sure that he had all bases covered when designing his facility.
Guess How Much It Cost?
A property that impressive would no doubt command a very steep price, but can you guess just how much? Well, Woods had to take out a $50 million mortgage for his Jupiter Island home. He also invested a total of $15 million into the new facility. This makes his home one of the priciest homes in an already expensive area.
Tiger’s Dream Pool
Tiger Woods didn’t cut corners when designing his new home, so it’s not a surprise that he didn’t skip out on his new pool as well. The lap pool, situated in the golfer’s huge backyard, has a total length of over 100 feet. He also has a 50-feet dive pool. It must be nice to spend a weekend at this man-made paradise.
Startling Facts About the Economy.
- The New York Times’ Floyd Norris writes that Dell (NASDAQ:DELL.DL) “has spent more money on share repurchases than it has made during its time as a public corporation.”
- Hewlett-Packard (NYSE:HPQ) spent $51 billion on share repurchases between 2006 and 2011, at an average price of $40.80 per share. The stock is now trading at $16.50 a share.
- According to the International Labour Organization, a record 200 million people would be jobless globally in 2013. They would be the fifth-largest nation in the world if they had their own country.
- Despite the fact that the population of the United States had doubled, more infants were born in 1956 than in 2009, 2010, or 2011.
- The 50 S&P 500 equities with the lowest analyst ratings at the end of 2011 had an average return of 23 percent [in 2012], beating the index by 7 percentage points, according to Bloomberg.
Surprising Financial Facts Most Investors Don’t Know
- It was the gold standard, not gold, that John Maynard Keynes memorably referred to as a “barbarous relic” in 1923.
- In 2006, the world’s most valuable coin, the 1794 Flowing Hair Dollar, sold for $7.85 million. It was the government of the United States’ first dollar coin. (Runner-up: The 1933 Double Eagle, which sold for a record $7.59 million in 2002 at Sotheby’s.) After the Gold Reserve Act of 1933 made it unlawful to circulate and own most gold coins, just a few Double Eagles avoided being melted down.)
- From 1971 through 1987, the Stutz Blackhawk was a luxury automobile with gold plating on everything that was ordinarily chrome, such as the steering wheel, pedal surrounds, ashtray, and cigarette lighter. Elvis had five of them, however he gave away three as presents.
- Dennis Kozlowski, the former CEO of Tyco International (NYSE: TYC) who was convicted of plundering the company, redecorated his bathroom with a $6,000 gold-threaded shower curtain.
- The Exxon Valdez, whose catastrophic oil leak into Alaska’s Prince William Sound spilled about 11 million gallons of oil, was refurbished and renamed the Sea River Mediterranean. The ship is unable to return to Prince William Sound due to legal restrictions.
Celebs Over 40 Swear By These Skincare Products
- Rachel Bilson’s first puppy was adopted with Adam Brody, her O.C. co-star and boyfriend at the time. Although the couple has broken up, Penny has remained with Bilson. Thurman Murman, her second rescue pup, is what she refers to as a grumpy granddog.
- Salma Hayek has said that she utilizes Tepezcohuite products to cure burn patients. Tepezcohuite is a Mexican plant that is used to heal burn sufferers. She told Elle that she has never undergone botox or peels due of this wonderful natural product.
- During an interview with Shape, Sofa Vergara said, “I have rosacea—redness it’s and sensitivity.” I have to keep it basic since putting on too much stuff causes discomfort. She sometimes switches things up and utilizes a product like Charlotte Tilbury’s Goddess Clay Mask.
- Jennifer Lopez keeps her skincare regimen a closely guarded secret. Nonetheless, she said in a People interview that glycolic acid is necessary. Lopez visits Beverly Hills dermatologist Harold Lancer for treatments, and we’re guessing glycolic acid is one of them.
- An antioxidant cleaning oil is part of Victoria Beckham’s complex beauty regimen. The oil is made up of antioxidant-rich argan, moringa, and olive oils, according to her facialist. Beckham uses the cream twice a day, morning and night, and then exfoliates with a water-based cleanser.
Celebs Who Struggled With Student Loans
- Kate Walsh, star of “Grey’s Anatomy,” suffered financially when she was younger. She studied at the University of Arizona while working at fast food restaurants. I am a person that got out of college with…, just thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars in debt, she told Refinery29. When her acting career took off, she was able to pay off her obligations at the age of 37.
- Kerry Washington used to send her monthly loan installments like any other former student before becoming the ultimate fixer on the television program Scandal. However, there were no regrets. Washington said during the 2012 Democratic National Convention that she would not have been able to complete her studies without them.
- Cheryl Strayed is the author of the best-selling novel “Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail,” which was adapted into a film starring Reese Witherspoon. She and her husband owed $85,000 on credit cards and still owed money on college loans before selling their story. She paid up her loan using a part of the advance.
- Actor Miles Teller was still paying off student loan debt from college while appearing in popular films. Teller told Vulture that his business manager told him that since the interest was so low, he didn’t have to pay them off right away. Look at a student debt payment vs investing calculator to see whether it’s better to pay off your loans or invest.
- Don Draper made a lot of money as a stylish ad guy, but Jon Hamm, the Mad Men star, was 33 when he paid off his college debts. Hamm told a throng of students at a campaign event that he attended three institutions in four years. He couldn’t pay them off until he began working frequently.
- Human rights lawyer Amal Clooney and her husband George Clooney are well-known for giving the money they received from Hello Magazine for their wedding photographs to various organizations. Amal and George’s nonprofit just donated $3 million to help 3,000 Syrian refugee children finish their education.
- Northern Irish golfer Rory McIlroy contributed $1.24 million to charity in 2015, including prize money from the Dubai Duty-Free Irish Open. In 2017, he gave another $1 million to his own charity, the Rory Foundation, which gave the money to three children’s charities.
- Eva Longoria, who starred in Desperate Housewives, regularly donates to 35 different charities. Longoria is well-known in the Hispanic community for her charitable endeavors. She founded The Eva Longoria Foundation, a non-profit organization devoted to uplifting Latinas via education and entrepreneurship, out of her passion for her culture.
- The bulk of celebrity images taken at Walmart are faked. There are paparazzi-quality images of Arnold Schwarzenegger shopping at Walmart and buying and posing with his own protein supplement, for example. However, a few images of him out shopping alone have emerged.
- Jennifer is a working mother, so she frequents Walmart, Target, and other family-friendly retailers. Other photographs that normalize this mega-celebrity include her at the airport with her children and reading a newspaper while holding a chicken, which is a little unusual.
A-list Celebs Who Always Shop At Walmart
- Jennifer is a working mom, so it’s no surprise that she shops at Walmart, Target, and other parent-friendly stores. Other photos that normalize this mega-celebrity include her at the airport with her children and reading a newspaper while holding a chicken, alright, that one is a bit strange.
- Michael Cera is renowned for portraying awkward teens, yet the former adolescent seemed unaffected when shopping at Walmart. Cera’s capacity to surprise us, according to The Atlantic, is part of his charm. Perhaps his trip to Walmart was merely another surprise strategy; while unlikely, comedians, like everyone else, must shop.
- When Justin Bieber chooses to go shopping, the whole world knows. Bieber and 30 of his crew chose to hang out at a Walmart in Stratford, Ontario… According to one disgruntled shopper’s Facebook post, Bieber and his entourage walked around the store, flashing headlights in the eyes of young girls.
- Pop Princess Rhianna responded like the rest of us when she was hungry during a recent performance. She was seen getting some munchies at a Walmart. She also made her way across the parking lot to the McDonald’s across the street. During her shopping trip, she also made a charitable donation.
Celebrities That Travel In Style On Private Jets
- The $40 million Challenger 850 Learjet owned by Jay-Z is an expensive aircraft. This airplane may be compared to a skyscraper. There is a living room, two bathrooms, a master bedroom, and a complete kitchen in this apartment. Beyonce gave Jay-Z his private jet as a birthday present. We’re curious as to how she wrapped it.
- Harrison Ford is not only a certified pilot on our world, but he also piloted the Millenium Falcon. He likes piloting his fancy CJ3 private aircraft. Although it isn’t the most well-known private jet, it is ideal for a pilot like Ford.
- Jackie Chan has a top-of-the-line private plane, the Embraer Legacy 650. You and your friends will have plenty of space on this ultra-quiet jet! Chan added some flair to his by having a dragon painted on the outside. That way, everyone will be aware that he is around!
- Mark Cuban, the billionaire, owns a Boeing 767. The business entrepreneur purchased the plane online in 1999, when the Internet was still in its infancy. For making the largest e-commerce transaction ever, he was inducted into the Guinness Book of World Records. This magnificent jet comes with a complete bedroom, bathroom, and a stunning interior.
- Among celebrities, the Gulfstream V is a popular option, and Jim Carrey is one of them. However, Carrey’s aircraft is unusual in that you can buy a ticket for his private plane when he isn’t using it for $8,000 an hour. This is your opportunity to live like a superstar for a few hours!