If you watch golf or happen to be flicking through channels when it’s on, you may come across a tall, beautiful, platinum-haired woman with a smile that can light up the whole town. If you’ve had this experience, it’s likely you were looking at Paige Spiranac. She has been in the golf scene all her life. Even in college, she skipped other sports in favor of golf, playing for San Diego State University’s Aztecs. During her time with the team, she took the top honor from the All-Mountain West Conference for two years running. She then led the Aztecs to their first-ever Mountain West Conference Championship.
Paige Spiranac joined Instagram so she could share her trick shot videos. A few years in and she has managed to gain millions of followers. If you don’t follow her, then you’re missing out on a lot. To prove it, we’ve gathered 40 of her best photos that demonstrate her talent, her beauty, and her kindhearted nature. Click next to see the first one.
More than Just A Pretty Face
While there’s no denying that Paige Spiranac is a beauty, she is more interested in improving her golf stats than checking her reflection. The rising golf talent, online influencer, and media personality has the potential to be a big star if she wants to.
Her posts and stories lead everyone to assume that she’s on a mission to show the world that golf is cool. Her secret? Always have fun when you’re taking pictures. Just look at this photo– apart from her perfect posture, the fact that she seems so into what she’s doing gives off an inspiring vibe.
With so many older players taking out tournaments, golf has historically not been seen as a sport for the young and trendy. But Paige Spiranac is changing all of that with her eclectic golf fashion. Who says Golf is boring when you’ve got girls like Paige going crazy over it, right? Just look at her vibrant fashion choices in this photo!
Not only that, but the golf sweetheart shows that she fights for her principles by establishing her stance as an anti-bullying individual. Paige claims that she was bullied herself during her younger years, and overcoming this hardship is part of what shaped her into who she is today.
Real Talk: Her Body Is Amazing!
At this point, we’re sure you’ve already noticed that she has the body of a goddess. If she were to release her diet plan and workout routine, you’d see plenty of people falling in line to get their hands on it!
Her physique comes from the fact that she is an athlete by heart. Paige became an elite gymnast as a child. She trained every day with her mind locked onto being part of the Olympics. Unfortunately, she was forced out of the sport after a knee injury. But things still ended well for her as she discovered another sport that she loves – golf!
It’s safe to say that Paige Spiranac had already achieved success, despite her young age. She has amassed a huge online following, maintains excellent golf stats, stays fit and fashionably on-trend all at the same time. We’re guessing she was trained to be this way when she was young.
When Paige graduated from her junior career with flying colors, she attended San Diego State University, serving as the Women’s Golf Team Captain as well as taking a key role on the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee.
Reaping What She Sowed
Sure, Paige Spiranac might have millions of Instagram followers, YouTube subscribers, and Golf tournament awards, but she worked for these things with commitment, determination, and diligence. Doing all of that while studying at college would have been quite taxing, but she pushed through, and the results are amazing.
She planted the seeds of the rewards she is reaping right now during her senior year. At this time, she put up her Instagram and YouTube accounts, both of which quickly circulated around the golf world. She became so successful that she knew she had to give pro-golf a serious shot. Paige did exactly that shortly after graduating.
Golfer by Passion
As a kid, Paige Spiranac would be often seen on the golf course, playing and having the time of her life. Everyone knew she would grow up to be a great golfer, and she proved them all right! Now, she is the golf world’s sweetheart. She is living her childhood dream and that’s so inspiring.
While she hasn’t been consistently playing on the LPGA and other pro-golf circuits, she has competed in several professional golf tournaments. Her usual sponsors are brands like Descente, Golf Digest, Topgolf, Callaway, and TheCHIVE.
An Active Blogger
Not only is Paige a successful social media influencer and a YouTuber, but she is also an active blogger. She makes sure that despite her busy schedule of attending promos and playing in golf tournaments, she writes about how she perceives the world and the moments that happen around her.
Paige gladly shares her thoughts through her blogs, often talking about physical health and sharing fitness tips, swing tactics, and other golf strategies. If that’s something you’re interested in, then hit up her website after you finish this list!
Fighting Against Bullying
Okay, so this was one of the reasons why we started loving Paige Spiranac so deeply. When we learned the level of passion she has for putting a halt to bullying, especially cyberbullying, we knew she was more than a pretty face and a great athlete.
She has been consistent with her actions to put an end to bullying. As the official ambassador for The Cybersmile Foundation, she is outspoken about her opinions about bullying, often sharing details of her personal experience of being bullied as a child.
Paige Spiranac is an inspiration to people of all ages and genders. She’s a successful woman who enjoys what she is doing. That kind of vibrance and energy is what many people need to see when they’re doubting their own dreams.
Paige uses her platform to fight for what’s right. The athlete is known to be quite outspoken about her stance on female empowerment. As much as she can, she tries to encourage everyone to be themselves, embrace their true calling, and fight for what they believe.
Paige Spiranac In Action
Everyone who knows Paige Spiranac is aware that she is very outspoken about empowerment for those who are coming from a place of oppression. She knows that words hold power, but they’re always better when accompanied by action, and that’s exactly what she is doing.
From posting inspirational messages online to hosting and representing important events and clinics, Paige makes sure that she is always lending a hand and supporting those in need. Part of this involves empowering underprivileged people to take up her favorite sport – golf.
Paige’s Candid Personality
One of the features we love most about Paige Spiranac is the fact that she doesn’t crave the limelight but she’s not scared of it either. Her candid personality is the reason why her fans love her. An athlete and social media influencer who’s not afraid to have fun in front of millions of people, but who also doesn’t feel the need to hog the spotlight? That’s a combination many people admire.
It’s never a dull moment with Spiranac. Her crowd enjoys her company whenever she hosts golf clinics. She also brings a lot of fun to the events she organizes with huge companies like Topgolf, Barstool Sports, 18Birdies, and more.
Paige Has A Lot Of Trick Shots Up Her Sleeve
At this point, you all know that she is a YouTuber, right? When she was first starting out, Paige released videos of her doing trick shots, and these trended almost immediately. Using the skills she learned from playing golf, Paige was able to amass a huge number of subscribers on her channel.
Spiranac’s trick shots are still her best performing videos. If you haven’t subscribed to her YouTube channel yet, you’re missing out. We just want to put things into perspective: she managed to do all this while going to college and playing for the varsity. What an inspiration!
Paige Loves The Superhero World
Well, she isn’t the only famous personality to love the genre, Paige’s superhero fangirl status is definitely worth noting. We don’t know where she finds the time, but reading comic books is something she says she genuinely enjoys doing. She even wears costumes from her favorite comic book characters, as displayed in one of her most famous videos in which she wears a Batman outfit.
It’s amazing that Paige can be herself in front of millions of people. Her genuineness is always felt by her fans, and that’s what makes her so magnetic.
An Athlete And A Model
With Paige Spiranac’s stunning good looks, it’s no surprise that she keeps on booking modeling jobs. But one particular gig she got is worth noting – she appeared on the cover of the 2018 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition. For athletes and models alike, appearing in such an esteemed magazine is evidence that they have attained success.
Paige continues to surpass the world’s expectations. The vibrance and energy that she has for life have a lot to do with all the positivity and good fortune that seem to keep following her.
YouTubing In Her Free Time
It looks like Paige Spiranac isn’t one to spend her free time lounging around. With a lot of things going on for her as a professional golfer, she still manages to excel in other parts of her life, like being a social media mogul and successful YouTuber.
Every week, she releases videos that talk about topics from pop culture to golf tips. Sometimes, she opens up and talks about her personal goals in life. Her subscribers get a chance to see the world through the eyes of a young, professional, model and golfer.
Helping Fellow Golfers
If there’s one thing people love more than Paige’s candid personality, it’s the golden golf tips she imparts to her viewers. Years of experience, training, and valuable personal insight can be found completely free of charge on her channel.
One of Paige’s motivations for doing this is that she wants to be able to consistently help golfers in fine-tuning their skills for improved gameplay. She uploads content on her YouTube channel that covers the basics of golf, so if you’re a beginner or feel like you need to learn more, try subscribing to her page.
Paige Spiranac’s Origin Story
Though she was born in Wheat Ridge, Colorado, people usually think she’s far more exotic thanks to her last name. If you’re curious about her surname, “Spiranac” is of Croatian origin.
The beautiful professional golfer was born on March 26, 1993. She used to play college golf for the University of Arizona as well as the San Diego State University. Here, she was able to win All-Mountain West Conference awards during seasons 2012-2013 and 2013-2014. She also led the Aztecs to their first Mountain West Conference Championship.
Paige Came From An Athletic Family
It wouldn’t be much of a surprise to hear of Spiranac having a strong athletic lineage. Given the fact that she excelled as an athlete all her life, it would actually be more unusual if she didn’t belong to such a family!
Paige Spiranac’s father, Dan, became a member of the Pittsburgh Panthers national championship college football team in 1976, while Annette, her mother, was a professional ballerina. Lexie, Paige’s sister, is just as sporty and has already earned herself an athletic scholarship for Stanford (as part of the track team).
When Did Spiranac Start Pursuing Her Athletic Career?
While everyone who knows her can confirm that she always had an affinity for sports, Paige only began doing it as a profession after her family moved out of the house she grew up in.
We mentioned earlier that Paige was born in Wheat Ridge, but her family decided to move to Monument, Colorado where she started her gymnastics career. Of course, she had quite an amazing time as a gymnast, but golf called out to her, and she ended up playing the game professionally.
Her Gymnastic Background
If you’re curious about how Paige did as a gymnastic athlete, well she was good. Coming from a bloodline of athletes, everyone expected her to deliver, and she didn’t let them down. Paige was so sensational in her routines that she skipped from level six all the way to the Elites.
This huge leap prompted the Karolyi Ranch, a training center for USA’s Olympic gymnasts’ feeder system, to invite her to train with them. If she performed tremendously in this field, then why did she quit? Click next to learn more.
Why Did Paige Spiranac Choose Golf Over Gymnastics?
There’s no denying the fact that she could have gone places if she pursued gymnastics. With her credentials and achievements, Paige could have been an Olympic gold medalist, but she chose not to and it’s not because she simply lost interest.
Sadly, it was because she was bullied when all of that was happening. For a young woman her age, it would be hard to love what you do when the people around you try to make things miserable for you. That’s why she chose the solitary confines of the golf course. A quiet environment was what Paige wanted after being bullied for a hair condition when she was young.
To make things happen for her, Paige had to properly manage her time, traveling between Monument, Colorado to Scottsdale, Arizona. The home-schooled student had to be diligent to ensure she would have enough time to train.
It wasn’t easy, but Paige was able to do it for years because of her passion as an athlete. Do you think she would be well recognized now if she didn’t train with such dedication back in her youth? It’s possible, but she wouldn’t be quite the same Paige we’ve come to know and love, and we’d rather keep her the way she is now!
Paige As A Golf Newbie
Paige entered the golf world and took it by storm. Her early days were filled with glory and triumph, winning five tournaments from her first seven on the junior golf circuit in Colorado. That included the 2010 CWGA Junior Stroke Play.
Everybody loved her, not just because she was a skilled athlete, but also because of her bubbly personality. She looked comfortable and relaxed on the course, despite having hundreds or thousands of people watching her every move. This is a big part of the reason why she is still one of the most loved pro-golfers around.
Moving Forward In Golf
As if starting her pro-golfing career with a blast wasn’t enough, Paige Spiranac has been able to maintain her momentum, even after all these years. From one tournament to another, she’s still receiving accolades from fellow golfers and fans across the globe.
Along the way, Paige managed to grab a spot on the top-20 junior player rankings in the world. She was also a top 5 college recruit, as well as a two-time West Region Player of the year. She also became a member of the Future Collegians World Tour.
Paige As A Student
From what you’ve seen so far, you’d probably assume that Paige didn’t have any problems at school. She is clearly smart and skilled. Well, the truth is, that’s an understatement! Her academic and sporting reputation grew so big that many universities wanted her.
The effort she put in during her junior years earned her a scholarship offer from the University of Arizona. But didn’t we already mention something about her, graduating from San Diego State University? Keep on reading to clear up the confusion!
Paige Spiranac’s Excellence
During the 2011 to 2012 season, Paige only competed in three events for the Arizona Wildcats – the PAC-12/SEC Challenge, Windy City Intercollegiate, and the Wildcat Invitational. The golfer’s best score back then was 73, which she was able to reach twice in the Windy City Intercollegiate.
It’s no surprise that brands would want to sign her up to endorse their products. What’s not to love with her beautiful golden locks, bright smile, athletic body, and amazing golf skills, right?
What Went Down?
While Paige Spiranac excelled during her time in Arizona, she only stuck with the college for her freshman year. The pro-golfer thought that it was best for her personal well-being to find a new environment, so she wasted no time in doing just that. Paige chose to transfer to San Diego State during her sophomore year.
Paige did what she knew was best for her, and we should all follow her lead. Whenever we feel like we aren’t getting the best out a place, chances are, we need a change of environment. Always put your mental health at the top of your list of priorities!
It Only Gets Better
Paige Spiranac’s skyrocketing success didn’t plateau after her freshman year. The young athlete managed to achieve even bigger things in her sophomore year. Her focus, skills, and dedication grew exponentially, and so did the results that came from everything she put her mind to.
During the 2012-2013 season, Spiranac earned fifth-place in the Cal Classic, First-Team All-Mountain West honors, a sixth at the Mountain West Championship, and nineteenth overall at the NCAA Central Regional Championships.
There Was No Stopping Her
By the time Paige reached her Junior year, everyone knew that no-one could stop her from achieving one milestone after another. The biggest question was, will she continue on the level of her freshman and sophomore years? Or would she excel even more?
In her junior year, the name Paige Spiranac was big on campus. Her sophomore achievements were so remarkable that they were hard to top, but she still managed to grab some new accolades. Paige’s 2013 to 2014 junior season got her one top ten finish during the Mountain West Championship as well as a Second-Team All-Mountain West Honors.
Her Favorite Year In College
During this time, Paige Spiranac’s college experience blossomed into something truly wonderful. She was excelling in a sport she loved and bringing her school some glory. At this point, people were starting to become avid fans. With so many good things emerging, Paige found herself in the midst of the best year of her academic career.
Spiranac described her senior season as “one of the absolute happiest moments of my life,” and we can certainly see why. She ended her educational career with a bang, bagging the Aztec’s first Mountain West Conference Championship in the school’s history.
Paige Spiranac’s Golfing Excellence
Paige Spiranac might have a bubbly personality and a smile that can light up a whole room, but she can be merciless on the golf course. In July 2015, she played in the 100th Colorado Women’s Golf Association Match Play Championship at the Raccoon Creek Golf Course.
The 35-hole title match was hosted by the Colorado Golf Association. Paige was pitted against the University of Colorado Boulder’s golf star, Brittany Fan. It was an exciting battle, but Spiranac emerged victorious with nine holes under par.
From A Passion To A Lifestyle
Everyone dreams of having a burning passion that’ll take you to places. Paige Spiranac is lucky to have exactly that. What’s more unbelievable is the fact that she managed to discover her purpose at such an early age. Some people take a lifetime to discover what they want to do in life.
But discovering her passion in life wasn’t enough for Paige Spiranac – she had to make a living out of it if she wanted to keep giving it her all. Not everyone earns a living on something that they love. That’s why she is such an inspiration to people who want to thrive in this world instead of just existing. If you want to learn more about how she managed to do this, click next!
The First Wave
Paige’s first taste of fame came when her golf trick shot was shared by a website called Total Frat Move during her senior year. Shortly after that, her following grew from 10,000 to 100,000 in a matter of days.
This is another situation in her life that could teach everyone the value of creating unique and quality content. One video Spiranac posted got her more than 90,000 followers in just a matter of days. What does that mean? It means that she has enough platform for brands to start paying her. That’s the first wave. Click next to find what happened next.
Passion To Job Transition
The explosion of followers helped her expedite the whole process of transitioning golf from passion to a job. Paige owes a big thank you to the website that jump-started her career. It even prompted the Omega Dubai Ladies Classic to invite her back in 2015.
Unfortunately, she wasn’t able to make the final cut, but the attention she was receiving online was enough to attract sponsors and brand endorsement deals. There was a downpour of offers from different companies, and with that, Paige was officially a professional golfer.
The Unstoppable Paige Spiranac
At this point, there was no stopping Paige Spiranac from doing what she does best. She’d had the time of her life as a college student and it was time for her to conquer the world. Soon after college, she went on to pursue a fruitful career as a professional golfer.
In the year 2016, Paige Spiranac spent her golfing season playing on the Cactus Tour, happily showcasing her strengths and skills. The tour earned her $8,010 in prize money, as well as an exciting invitation to play in Dubai.
What’s It Like To Be A Pro Golfer?
It didn’t take long for Paige Spiranac to start living the life of her dreams. She was able to amass a huge following on social media through her content, and she didn’t waste time in maximizing the advantages that come from having that kind of platform.
Paige joined the CoBank Colorado Women’s Open in the year 2016. She managed to place ninth at one-under-par, and though this wasn’t a high-earning place, she did take home $1,750. More than this, being offered prize money is a milestone for being recognized as a professional golfer.
It Wasn’t Always Rainbows And Butterflies For Paige
As part of the process of learning the ropes in any field, you must usually start from the bottom and work your way up. Learning the basics first is the best way to excel, and Paige Spiranac is no stranger to this concept.
There was even a point when she considered herself lucky to earn $100 from a golf tournament. Her debut tournament was the Cactus Tour at the Las Colinas club located in Queen Creek, Arizona. She tied with another player in 14th place and only got a very small percentage of the $12,080 on offer for successful players.
Loved By The Brands
One of Spiranac’s biggest strengths is her ability to charm the big brands. We all know she’s good at playing golf, but she also has a knack for getting brands to endorse her. To name a few, Paige has signed deals with Philip Stein Watches, Cybersmile, Mizzen + Main, and 18Birdies.
Thanks to her natural beauty and physique, she has also accepted plenty of modeling jobs. Paige has been featured in magazines like Golf Digest and Sports Illustrated. To top it all off, she writes a monthly column for Golf Magazine.
While it may appear that Paige Spiranac has already had a fruitful career in the pro-golf scene, her fans believe that she is going to achieve even more in the coming years. After all, she is still young and full of drive.
Her career continues to evolve as the days go by, but you might not see her on any golf tours in the near future. Why? Paige doesn’t like the competition of pro-golf. She prefers to experience the joys of playing golf without the pressure of beating opponents.
Startling Facts About the Economy.
- Average months between US recessions since 1854: 42. Months since previous recession: 42, writes New York Times writer Binyamin Appelbaum.
- According to The Wall Street Journal’s David Wessel, “Americans now spend roughly half of their food spending at restaurants, up from a third in the 1970s.”
- We’re accustomed to hearing how much quicker the top 1%’s profits increase than the rest of the country’s, but we forget that it used to be the other way around. According to Robert Frank, the yearly earnings of the poorest 90% of Americans doubled in real terms between 1943 and 1980, while the average income of the top 1% climbed just 23%.
- According to Vanguard founder John Bogle, the average equity mutual fund gained 173 percent between 1997 and 2011, while the typical equity mutual fund investor only earned 110 percent due to the inclination to buy high and sell low.
- For the first time since the Great Depression, according to David Leonhardt, median family earnings have decreased significantly over a decade. “By , household income had fallen by 8% from its high of 11 years earlier, in 2000.”
Startling Facts About the Economy
- According to author Matt Ridley, the cultivation of a given amount of grain takes 65 percent less land globally than it did in 1961.
- According to Time, “ten percent of all images taken in the history of photography were taken last year,” thanks in large part to mobile cameras.
- In 2007, a group of Morgan Stanley workers were caught on tape cynically referring to a subprime CDO in internal emails. All of the following films were considered: “Nuclear Holocaust,” “Mike Tyson’s Punchout,” “Hitman,” “Meltdown,” and “S***bag.”
- Americans have contributed $19.1 million to the US Treasury to help pay down the national debt since 2008.
- According to the Census Bureau, the typical new American house was 1,535 square feet in 1975 and 2,169 square feet in 2010.
- According to Cambridge Associates, just 3% of venture capital companies create 95% of the industry’s profits. It goes on to say that the makeup of those 3% of businesses hasn’t changed much over time.
Surprising Financial Facts Most Investors Don’t Know.
- What’s the largest drop? Yemen is a country in the Middle East (-10.5 percent ).
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average experienced its single-largest point rise on October 13, 2008. The index increased by 96.4 points (11.1 percent ). On October 15, only two days later, the index suffered its second-largest point drop in history, plunging 733.1 points (-7.9 percent ).
- On March 15, 1933, the Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 8.3 points for a 15.3 percent gain, making it the greatest single-day percentage gain in history. Meanwhile, the Dow Jones Industrial Average saw its biggest single-day percentage fall on October 19, 1987, shedding 508 points and -22.6 percent.
- American customers may benefit if lenders gave more mortgage product alternatives to the standard fixed-rate mortgage, Alan Greenspan suggested in 2004. Total losses attributed to subprime, Alt-A, and other alternative mortgage products have been in the billions of dollars since 2007.
- According to the Federal Reserve, as of June 2012, Americans owed $2.6 trillion. Credit card debt accounts for $864 billion, while installment loans, such as automobile or boat loans, account for $1.7 trillion.
Extravagant Rehab Centers For The Rich And Famous
- The cost of a day at Silver Hill Hospital in New Canaan, Connecticut, is $2,500. You may play cribbage or just wander around the 60 acres of beautiful land while you’re here. Nick Nolte, Mariah Carey, Billy Joel, and Truman Capote are among the prominent clients.
- Passages is a high-end recovery facility in Malibu, California. The cost of the standard 30-day program is $1,300. Mel Gibson and David Hasselhoff were among those who took part in the show. Passages can only accommodate 12 people at a time. Two juice bars, a library, a chef’s kitchen, and 12 private bedrooms with bathrooms make up the 15,500-square-foot facility.
- The program costs $24,500 USD for a four-week stay in Crossroads, Antigua. Britney Spears, Whitney Houston, Colin Farrell, and Billy Joel are among the celebrity clients. This seaside institution was developed by Eric Clapton and provides yoga and meditation lessons as well as a complete recovery program.
- Promises costs about $9,000 per week in Malibu. Lindsay Lohan, Robert Downey Jr., Diana Ross, Tim Allen, and Ben Affleck are among the celebrities who have stayed here. This rehab resort is rather straightforward in that its major objective is that guests rest on the beach.
- The cost of a month’s stay at the Betty Ford Clinic is $26,000, which is shared among all existing patients. David Hasselhoff, Keith Urban, and Liza Minnelli are just a few of the celebrities that have visited the facility named for the former first lady. The clinic is severe, and celebrities are required to do their own work.
- Nick Jonas drives a Ford Mustang, a classic American muscle car. This historic automobile has been in continuous production since 1964. Despite the fact that we’re sure Jonas could buy a new one, he chose a vintage model of the renowned car.
- Like many other celebrities, Scott Caan drives a Ford, however instead of the more modern models, he drives a blue 1939 Ford pickup truck. The 80-year-old vehicle is in excellent condition and is a popular choice among roadster fans and car restorers.
- The Rock drives a Ford F-150 because he wants a truck that can keep up with him in terms of toughness. The former pro wrestler turned Hollywood star needs a car that matches his personality. Can you see him driving around in a little car?
- Taylor Swift is a beautiful young lady who is also incredibly giving. In 2012, the Grammy winner donated $4 million to music education. In 2016, she gave $100,000 to wildfire victims in Tennessee, $1 million to flood victims in Louisiana, and $50,000 to the state’s food banks.
- Despite her diva antics on the runway, Naomi Campbell is a kind person when she is not in front of the camera. Her Fashion For Relief initiative aids in the ongoing fight against Ebola by generating funds and increasing awareness. She solicits auction contributions from her celebrity and fashion contacts, and in 2014, the show brought in $1.24 million.
Surprising Financial Facts Most Investors Don’t Know.
- Apple ($632 billion), Exxon Mobil (NYSE: XOM at $406 billion), Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT at $257 billion), Walmart (NYSE:WMT at $246 billion), and Google (Nasdaq: GOOG at $225 billion) are the five biggest U.S. businesses by market capitalization as of August 29, 2012.
- According to Associated Press sources, 38 US banks have collapsed as of July 20, 2012. That’s a far slower rate than in 2011, when 58 banks had collapsed by the end of the year.
- The Document of Hammurabi, the first known monetary law code, was written in ancient Babylon about 1760 BC. It established the function of money in civil life by establishing interest rates on debt, penalties for misconduct, and monetary recompense for different transgressions of the law.
- The medieval Knights Templar are credited with establishing modern finance. They made poverty vows, devoting all of their money and possessions to the Order. Nobles often employed the Order to protect their wealth while fighting in the Crusades.
- According to the Associated Press, 51 percent of American pet owners intended to purchase their pets a present over the 2011 Christmas season. The average spending budget is $46. 72 percent of those questioned, on the other hand, indicated they expected to spend $30 or less.
Startling Facts About the Economy
- Over the long term, the S&P 500 has averaged roughly 9% annual returns, although only a few years have had returns even close to that. One out of every three years since 1871, the index has climbed or decreased by more than 20%. A increase of between 1% and 9% occurs just once every five years.
- More than $8 trillion in lost worth has been recouped since the U.S. markets bottomed in March 2009.
- According to the IMF, if Japan’s female workforce participation rate reached that of Northern Europe, the country’s per-capita GDP might rise by 8% permanently.
- Credit card debt is presently at its lowest level in two decades as a proportion of GDP.
- According to the Energy Information Administration, oil imports into the United States will drop to 6 million barrels per day next year, the lowest level in 25 years.
- According to economist Stephen Bronars, the new federal tax band of 39.6 percent would touch just 0.7 percent of taxpayers but will account for 9.5 percent of total personal income since high earnings account for a disproportionate amount of national revenue.
Surprising Financial Facts Most Investors Don’t Know
- According to experts from Rice University and the University of Colorado, life expectancy in the United States has hit a new high of 78.49 years. Monaco (89.68), Macau (84.43), and Japan are the three nations with the greatest life expectancies (83.91).
- According to the Employee Benefit Research Institute, 11% of employees intended to retire beyond 65 in 1991. In 2012, that percentage was 37%.
- According to a poll performed by the Employee Benefit Research Institute in 2012, 30% of adults had less than $1,000 saved for retirement.
- According to the World Bank, 33 percent of Indians live in poverty in 2011. In India, almost 70% of the population lives on less than $2 per day.
- With 77 million tourists in 2010, France is the world’s most popular tourist destination. (With 60 million people, the United States comes in second.)